1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14: Still no dumb title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Fanboi rant:
    Bill Hillgrove and the Steelers radio guys drive me fucking nuts.
    Hillgrove grates on my nerves with "extra-long extra point" quip after every PAT.
    No, dude. It's extra long if there's a penalty attached. If not, it's a regular PAT, like every other PAT attempt this season.

That's just the icing.. the nicknames and "habeus grabbus" drive me up a fucking wall.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I haven't heard Hillgrove do a game in a long time. I can't say I minded him, but I can see your point.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Big-time defensive battle between the Giants and Cowboys tonight. Low-scoring games aren't often interesting to watch, but there's been some exemplary defensive play in this one on both sides.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/t...ans-fight-involving-aqib-talib-211909692.html

Finally saw video of the hit by Harry Douglass on Chris Harris that pissed off the Broncos and led to a brawl. They were right to be pissed. It may have been a legal hit, but it was a cheap shot that sure looked like it was meant to cause an injury. Not only did Talib go after Douglass on the next play, he said he's going to "beat his ass" when he sees him off the field. (They have the same agent.)

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh it was durrrty as hell. Was amazed Harris came back a play later.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Janoris Jenkins had an outstanding game for the Giants.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The G-Men actually played some defense tonight. And the doink off the crossbar by Bailey at the half looms large.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I'm a Giants fan but still, I have to look this 8-4 gift horse in the mouth.

If the Giants kept their offense off the field for the entire 60 minutes, just continually kept handing the ball back over, wouldn't they score more points per game?

9. bstnmarthn354

bstnmarthn354 New Member

While in the car yesterday, listening to the game on the radio, the "analysts" drove me up a f-----g wall. They're not analyzing anything; all they're doing is looking at the TV replays and spewing lots of homer drivel. And I probably haven't heard a broadcast in a few years; I was surprised Hillgrove is unable to keep up with the pace with the game. I really don't want to hear, "The Steelers would like to send out birthday wishes to Millie Schlobotski, who turns 81 today and is watching at home in Squirrel Hill, and the punt falls at the 10-yard line and goes out of bounds around the 5." It all sounds like it's their first game.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Eh?

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Here's how you beat the Cowboys:

1. Sell out to stop Elliott on first down and force second-and longs and third-and-longs.

2. Don't fear Dez, play him man up. More times than not he'll either hamper himself or have a modest impact, i.e. one TD.

3. Concentrate on Beasley and Witten, remove the safety valve.

Do those three things and you take Dak completely out of his comfort zone.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

4. Play game in winter weather in the windiest stadium extant,

Draft saved Draft deleted