1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas parties and bonuses

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Damn. That's worse than ours. Sorry to hear it guy.

2. Doc Holliday

Yikes.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Haven't had a company Christmas party since I worked in Michigan 15 years ago.

At my current shop, the company used to throw a party for the advertising department when they made their holiday-season revenue goal (yes, ONLY for advertising). That hasn't happened in at least five years.

Christmas bonus? That's pretty funny. Hey, be glad the doors are still open, buddy.

Bronco77 and Tweener like this.
  4. Doc Holliday

Or so they want you to believe.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm not in the newspaper business. You don't want to know.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

We're going to have a little get-together Wednesday afternoon. No big meal, but a couple of desserts are promised, as well as any goodies someone wants to bring in, and then a white elephant gift giveaway (stuff donated by local businesses), so I'll go home with a little something.

I'm actually happy with no big meal (we had one before Thanksgiving), because as the person who always stays the latest, I'm the one who always has to make sure the perishable food left out gets into the fridge so it doesn't all spoil. I won't have to worry about that too much tomorrow.

As far as bonuses, I won't be getting one again as long as I work for this company (rhymes with 'Gee'), but I've been used to that for a while, so no big disappointment.

7. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

I'd be remiss not to mention that when I arrived at work today, there was an email with a heartwarming holiday video message from our CEO. He reminded us that even though we'll be facing "overwhelming financial challenges" in 2017, these are "exciting times" for our company. And oh by the way, happy holidays!

fuscribe likes this.
  8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

No third tray yet, but they did arrange for some bottled water to be delivered so we can stay refreshed during today's labors.

Alma and Doc Holliday like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Chinese food and a hundred bucks. And I really wish they'd give it in 20s or 50s. It's hard to actually use a $100 bill out here in the sticks.

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Got a candy bar, too. I guess there is more stuff on the way.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

100 Grand bar?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They could at least have a sense of humor and honesty about it and give you a tube of K-Y as your bonus.

Draft saved Draft deleted