1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Explain. Why am I horrible, oh kind and caring liberal?

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I like to think we’re all good guys here.
    We all piss the same color anyway.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sure Stephen Miller just sprinted down to his local military recruiting station and demanded to sign up, right?

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't find I get anything out of thinking I'm better than the average stranger. Whether I am or not isn't going to make a difference to me or them.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This is some scary, hate the non-white or non-Christian shit going on right now. It's the America of people who don't interact with what they perceive as the other.

Slamming the door on refugees, favoring Christians over non-Christians? When Trump said that we are going to make America proud again -- as someone whose grandparents fled the pogroms, I was already proud of my country and the wonderful opportunities it has given my grandparents, parents and me. This is a horrific day for our country and what I thought it stood for.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Speaking of alternative facts, one poster can refer to a female student as a sloe-eyed Sabra and be referred by another poster as someone who supports women. #TrunpWorld didn't start in 2016.

QYFW likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's a Muslim ban of states he doesn't want to piss off, likely because they own condos in his buildings.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Obama supporters should applaud placating sponsors of terror.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Christians, fleeing Islamist rule have a better case for refugee status than Muslims do.

Isn't that just a fact? If they stay, they'll be slaughtered.

Other Muslims might not prefer to live under such rule, but they aren't in nearly the peril that Christians or Yazidis are.

Muslims also have other options in the region. Christians and Yazidis don't. (I'd mention Jews too, but they've been nearly exterminated from most of the Middle East, that it's not worth mentioning them.)

QYFW likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I see that in the absence of my learned and calming presence the board has gotten a bit pissy ...

Hermes, Vombatus and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.