1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think this is looking to not be true.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything that suggests it isn't true that he was used as a decoy.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Must be fake. Who the hell comes TO the United States to bankrupt themselves on medical treatment?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So after posting a win that united the GOP last night with the SCOTUS nominee, how does Trump/Bannon shit the bed today? Or do they STFU for 24-48 hours and let things settle down?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Weren't you mocking the "board lawyers" yesterday? Can we add "board doctors" to the list?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Can't do that. Just not in their temperament.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

They just birdied a short, reachable par-5 ... They'll be blasting a driver out of bounds on a short par-4 in a hole or two.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Then they will get mustard on their pants while eating a hot dog at the turn.

9. Michael_ Gee

I think so too. This was about the only card they had in the deck that was an agreed upon goal of the party -- besides big tax cuts for the wealthy, which is to the GOP as "Satisfaction" is to the Rolling Stones. They play it at every gig.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Detroit family caught in Iraq travel ban, says mom died waiting to come home

He was one of those refugees sucking on the government tit - you know, fled Iraq during Gulf War, went back to interpret for our armed forces during the Iraq, owns his own business. His mother had had a Green Card since 1995.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have said that the Democrats in the Senate should vote unanimously for his confirmation. He's going to be confirmed anyway, but I think that it is tactically the right move. Yes, it gives Trump a victory. Yes, it briefly "normalizes" him. But the benefit outweighs any possible burdens. By all accounts, this seems like a central casting conservative justice. It's not Steve Bannon appointing a Breitbart contributor or something batshit. More importantly, for months, Democrats have bitched and moaned (rightfully so) about the Republicans' refusal to consider Merrick Garland's nomination. In a landscape in which the voting public is convinced that "both parties do it," whatever "it" is at the moment, here is a golden opportunity to take the high road with almost zero practical downside. Another practical benefit is that it sheds the idea that Democrats simply bleat about every little thing that Trump does. There is a bit of "boy who cried wolf" to them right now. This would go some way to remedy that. See, when he's reasonable, when can be reasonable, too.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

No. There are no rules and no penalty for breaking them. 2016 proved that. Much better to simply say, "whatever the judge's merits, we cannot allow a tainted process without objection." You can't tell the other side you can use a gun and I'll just use this Sharpie over here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.