1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Pot meet kettle.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ. Who gives a fuck where Hardiman was and what he was doing.

There are literally a billion places that are accessible from "100 miles east of Pittsburgh." He's not the nominee. Fuck him.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Spicer gave a reason.

Harriman was suggested to Trump by the Federalist Society and the Heritage Foundation. That's how he got on Trump's list, released during the campaign. (Though my brother says he had better grades than Harriman.) Trump's sister liking him was surly a plus, but no one has said he wasn't qualified for the job.

There's no evidence he played decoy, and news orgs that reported as much, should not only retract those reports, but also apologize to Hardiman.

4. YankeeFan

Yes. That is the question.

He's a bit of a fool if he did. It would be humiliating. And, if he didn't, he's owed an apology from those who suggested he did.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Speaking of Quebec City, it sure is odd how little coverage a white power terrorist killing six people generates.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

Who cares!!!!

We passed along unverified reports that made him look like a fool, but who cares??

The media never has to apologize, right?

(BTW, wasn't it a big thing during the campaign that TRUMP NEVER APOLOGIZES!!!! It upset the media so much. So where's their apology now?)

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"We."

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alright. I can see there is no level of lie or obfuscation you aren't going to accept from the White House. I did not figure you to be all-in behind a white supremacist and his minions. But you can continue to believe this charade wasn't going on.

I am sure you will also believe that Trump's visit to Harley-Davidson in Milwaukee was canceled because of executives' schedules and not because of the protest marches that were springing up around the city.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Lots of coverage here, of course but it went from 'terrorist' to 'lone wolf'. Why is this man not a terrorist?

I Should Coco and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. YankeeFan

Fucking spellcheck. I caught it once. Didn't notice this one.

Besides, I'm typing with one finger, on an iPad, while a baby sleeps in my arms. I think I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping up.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

White Christians aren't terrorists, they're just mentally disturbed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.