1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I know folks say I should work for Trump, but holy fuck, RT really should sign up BTE.

He doesn't yield an inch.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Buy a pool table. It'll provide a distraction at least.

Ace likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If everybody loves each other after playing hearts or spades, you're doing it wrong.

5. YankeeFan

Nah. You want a guy who will look at you the way Bill Clinton looks at Melania Trump.

[​IMG]

FileNotFound and RickStain like this.
  6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Not to get off topic or post this big-ass picture again, but Hillary's face in that picture is absolutely priceless.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Seriously, just go, man.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not until I find out who typefitter is!

(No, I really don't care to know, even if I am the only one to whom this knowledge somehow has escaped).

9. FileNotFound

So this morning, I attended session with my GOP congressperson on the topic of the Affordable Care Act. A "listening session," it was called. About 600 people were there, and the crowd mood ran a bit from rowdy to borderline nasty.

What I learned from the session, other than that my GOP congressperson seems like a genuinely good person, is that if this crowd is representative of the populace at large, there truly is a center in this country. The "borderline nasty" were on the left. There were four people who raised their hands when asked by one of the speakers who wanted the ACA repealed. They weren't nasty. They were wrong, but not assholes. The rest of us (I was among about 30 people who spoke during the 2-hour session) just want to ensure that we're not going to move backwards when it comes to health care.

The Rep kind of got things off on the wrong foot with this crowd by flat-out saying, "Repeal of the ACA is inevitable." He kept pointing back to A Better Way, which the crowd justifiably hooted down as a bunch of vague hooey. He said, "It's a blueprint for our plan," which he then corrected by saying, "the Speaker's plan." A voice in the crowd said, "You already have a 'blueprint.' It's called the Affordable Care Act."

Anyway, he listened and listened well, and if he goes back to Washington and votes in favor of repeal, he will have proven conclusively that he votes for party rather than with his constituents.

10. YankeeFan

Isn't it?

You know she didn't want to be there, and then she's got to deal with this.

11. FileNotFound

I suspect her face is permanently like that whenever she's around her husband.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Make it a key party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.