1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Feels like "Max"' is already putting in OT as a new member. I can't wait to hear his thoughts on weak liberal women.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Clooney ...

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The math is tough for the Dems in the midterms, no doubt. DeVos might actually help the cause if midwestern, working-class voters feel like their kids are being messed with.

But yeah, all tbe anger is for nothing if Dems can't GOTV in the right races in 2018.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The senate map is an apocalyptic nightmare for Democrats in 2018. Limiting the losses is the best they can hope for

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Shocking that you would like a troll.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Anger management gets a test ...

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's subversive.

I dig it.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Theoretically, if you play it out, you'll get to the point where the students left in public schools - relatively speaking - are low-performing, unmotivated, at times poor-behaving lottery losers taught by teachers who know that, and treat the children with accordingly low standards.

I know, I know - that's true now! But only sort of. What DeVos would like to see - I think- is a world where charter schools can definitively outperform public schools because they cherry pick students, get more funding for that performance and, over time, starve public schools, turning education into the domain of elite and rich folks who have the space and latitude to start such schools and cherry pick accordingly.

It'd create an educational caste system, in other words.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The problems with DeVos go well beyond her views on education. You can be in favor of school choice and still see that she not only lacks experience in education, she lacks knowledge of the subject.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

YankeeFan to come up at any moment with a "why are Democrats allowed to call Trump a 'chimp?' "

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No question. It's Going to get ugly. It's a problem 20 years in the making.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.