1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Umm, the GOP was in that game too.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd argue the Republican Party itself isn't fucked up. But it lost control of the base and allowed a non-Republican to wrest control. But aside from the Oval, the GOP is playing a winning hand.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have mattered.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, their corporatist propaganda puppet masters certainly are.

Manufacturing Consent - Wikipedia

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Bernie would not have won. Breitbart and Fox News would have eaten him alive.

I also have little use for the Bernie-or-bust types who took their balls and went home.

I talk to one all the time. "Blah, blah, blah Wall Street..." "Blah, blah, blah war hawk..." "Blah, blah, blah Donna Brazile giving her answers at a debate..."

None of that shit mattered in November. They were a lot more likely to get the policies they wanted with Hillary in office than trump.

I hope they're happy. May their self-righteousness keep them warm at night when 20 million people lose their health insurance.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

CTV reporting that Khzir Khan, the gold star father who spoke at the Democratic convention, has canceled a planned speaking event in Toronto because he has been told "his travel privileges are under review." Dude's been a US citizen for 30 years. More flat out Fascist shit.

HanSenSE and Ace like this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's all fun and games until the stock portfolios start to tank.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"20 million to lose health insurance" is the left's version of the right's "Obama's gonna take our guns."

9. Smallpotatoes

Mess with the bull, you get the horns, I guess.

10. Smallpotatoes

How would that not be the inevitable consequence of repealing the ACA without having a replacement plan that would take care of those people?

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Yeah, but one of those scare tactics gets people to sign up for health insurance. The other gets people to buy assault rifles.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They made a deal with the devil in 2008 to get her out of the primary and had to pay the piper eight years later. After the one-term senator (who she did her damndest to smear, because it's always been and always will be Clinton's first, everything else sexond) dethroned her there was no way she was allowing anyone else in her way this time.

Remember: Bernie isn't a democrat; he's an independent. So what's he care if he pisses off the party? And Martin O'Malley was just there because there are no Harlem Globetrotter games unless the Washington Generals show up too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.