1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Deep Throat: "There's a whole shitload of illegal stuff going on at CREEP."

Woodward (to Gee, as Bradlee): "There's a whole shitload of illegal stuff going on at CREEP."

Gee: "Run that sucker!"

Woodward: Run . . . that?

Gee: "Take out the 'shit' part and just say 'load.' We're a family newspaper."

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

When I moved to my second career gig, that local UMC was on about year 15 of the current pastor's stint. He's one of the most conservative pastors in the conference, and he knew I wasn't that way, but we both agreed to disagree generally. The church was two blocks from my apartment and I've never felt like it was spiritually healthy to have to agree with everyone and everything said. Anyway, of that 15-year term, the peak had been roughly two or three years before I arrived, after which point he had a major hand in dismantling both the church's campus ministry and chancel choir (for reasons that were never really explained to me at any point during the 7 1/2 years I lived there). They moved him nine months after I moved to the area and even two pastors later, he'd had a significant influence over the congregation mostly because the conservative families his time there empowered were basically the ones making all the decisions.

I moved for work about 18 months ago. We lost our pastor last summer, but for a novel reason (to me): He got elected bishop, and then was assigned to the annual conference I had just moved out of.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not a good one, no, though I was referring to his inability to take being teased over his Chris Christie fantasy.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

As opposed to your ability to be "teased" on just about anything. You've got the reddest ass in the county.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You're being blinded by the hat.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

So he's a red potato. Good with garlic.

8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gosh R, I mean, BTE, I wonder what Woodward would've done with two pages of White House tape transcripts. Because that's what tax returns are. Not uncorroborated statements from a source. Best evidence. Documents.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Wonder if they serve crow with poi, Don!

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.