1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

YF: Ben Rhodes coined the term!

<Posts a tweet showing Trump used the exact same phrase first.>

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Can you source your assertion that "he was very likely one of the leakers"?

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Damn! Tried to edit my post before anyone caught that.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

At the same time, there's something about Trump and pee ...

bigpern23 and BTExpress like this.
  6. YankeeFan

7. YankeeFan

David Ignatius' leaker was likely someone is a pretty big position in the Obama White House or intelligence community:

Multiple sources tell Fox News that Susan Rice, former national security adviser under then-President Barack Obama, requested to unmask the names of Trump transition officials caught up in surveillance.

The unmasked names, of people associated with Donald Trump, were then sent to all those at the National Security Council, some at the Defense Department, then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and then-CIA Director John Brennan – essentially, the officials at the top, including former Rice deputy Ben Rhodes.

The names were part of incidental electronic surveillance of candidate and President-elect Trump and people close to him, including family members, for up to a year before he took office.

Susan Rice requested to unmask names of Trump transition officials, sources say

Rhodes has been the designated leaker in the past, but hey, maybe it wasn't him. Maybe it was Brennan or Rice. That would be just as fun.

8. HanSenSE

As did Trump's in what was essentially another campaign speech to the union today.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Awesome! Let's talk about what kind of insurance your daughter can hope to get or afford when she grows up if the GOP has its way. Because you didn't really think they were going to let a law nicknamed after a black man stay intact, right?

Republicans try to revive health-care effort as leaders seek to temper expectations

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, that's it. I'm adding an exclamation point (!) to our style guide.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ok, I find your "mind meld with the President", but I'm not seeing anything that speculates on his leaking. Did I miss it? The closest thing that I spotted was about twelve paragraphs down, "It has been rare to find Ben Rhodes’s name in news stories about the large events of the past seven years, unless you are looking for the quotation from an unnamed senior official in Paragraph 9." What am I missing?

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

True. Since the "American" doctors YF yearns for aren't going out to Podunk to practice. But it's all flyover country, amirite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.