1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Many of them don't support this action. I disagree with them.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that the GOP became a fan of the offense when they got the ball.

(I know that this is probably a gross breach of current forum analogy protocol, but I haven't watched pro wrestling since Rufus R. Jones retired. )

dixiehack likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Do you support keeping Assad in power, or handing the country over to ISIS?

Those are your choices. Kind of reminds me of the election we just had. You gotta hold your nose and pick one.

I know which one Russia has picked.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's a crappy choice.

I would like Assad to go, but I would not support some sort of full blown invasion to make it happen. We can certainly make it awkward for him to stay, with sanctions and limited strikes.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And how does that help John Q. Public in Anytown, USA?

Sanctions on a country hurt its innocent people. It's not going to make a leader we don't like go away.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Was a President Hillary Clinton getting a qualified nominee approved by a Republican Senate? That's the $64 question.

8. Justin_Rice

John Q. Public benefits immensely from the United States being the world's only super power, because of the global influence that status purchases. ... not to mention the measure of global safety and security American military strength provides.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

10. Justin_Rice

Glad to hear it. .... Wish we could have started that effort in 2013, when the people you vote for opposed such action simply because the President was a Democrat.

Any chance you could stop voting for those people?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'll think about it, as soon as you name one policy disagreement you had with Obama. Certainly there had to be something. Thoughtful people don't agree with anyone 100 percent of the time.

12. Justin_Rice

A policy disagreement? That's tough - we didn't see much policy once the GOP took over Congress, and Obama and I seem to come from the same place, politically.

Obamacare didn't go far enough.
    I didn't agree with extending the Bush tax cuts.
    I didn't like the expansion of drone strikes, and the continuation of NSA surveillance.
    Transparency in government wasn't nearly what it should have been.
    I disagreed with the sequester.

Mostly, though, my disagreements with Obama were rooted in his inability to defend his administration and (more broadly) liberalism against the deluge of bullshit spewed by Rush and his listeners.

I mean, here we are again - "Obama said 'red line!' and didn't back it up!" ... ignoring the fact that the GOP maneuvered to make sure Obama couldn't defend the "red line."

"Obama didn't close GITMO like he said he would!" .... ignoring the fact that the GOP voted twice to specifically block him from doing so.

"Obama didn't compromise on Obamacare!" ... ignoring hundreds of Republican amendments to the bill and forgetting the months of debate and negotiation which took place in Congress and in the Town Halls before it was passed.

Call the Talk-Radio Conservatives - those who wish to govern by Hot Take! - on the carpet for their bullshit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.