1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3 for 2.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think he should have put his son-in-law there.

But, no one in the medi even questioned Valerie Jarrett's -- or Ben Rhodes' -- qualifications. And Valerie was as close to family as someone could be. She freaking vacationed with the family.

And so, the same issues that exist now with Jared existed with her. You couldn't cross Valerie, because she was Michelle and Barack's best friend.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"I do get to play with Tiffany, right? That was the deal, wasn't it?"

"Who?"

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My favorite 3-to-make-2 memory:

5. Blame Me

Blame Me New Member

My bad on that one.

6. Blame Me

Blame Me New Member

I screwed that one up.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Planes means > 1.

Very weak legitimization for being accurate.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Every President has a top adviser whom the opposition hates. But few if any of said top aides were 36-year old sons-in-law of said President with no government experience whatsoever, one also not counterbalanced by other aides with significant experience.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Remember when Steve Bannon was president?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ok. So, since Ben Rhodes wasn't related to Obama, it was fine that a 30-something, inexperienced, failed novelist was running our foreign policy.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Only in Ben Rhodes' mind was he running foreign policy.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Did Valerie Jarrett get 20-plus people hired solely to protect her?

Stop and think about the money involved. A million dollars per month is a lot of damn security. Texas paid half as much to provide 14 months of security for its governor.

Taxpayers covering a half-million dollars in security costs for Gov. Abbott so far

Down in Florida, Rick Scott's security detail drew about $1.8 million in salary for a year. That would get DeVos to approximately the two-month mark, give or take.

FDLE spent $2.1 million on ground travel and security for governor | Naked Politics

And according to the story you linked, the marshals are an add-on to the security personnel she already had assigned to her by virtue of being a cabinet head. And so far the known "threats" against her consist of someone standing in a doorway and a couple of other people yelling mean things. (It is possible there are more serious threats against her that haven't been revealed. But the odds are against the Trump White House keeping quiet about something like that which would be so useful as a cudgel to try and shame liberals.)

Good work YF. This was worth a closer look.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.