1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Maybe the first time. Maybe.

He was later fed an opportunity to get out of it. He chose to clarify by explaining that unlike Assad, who had bombs dropped on a city, killing innocent Syrians, Hitler removed those foreign Jews to dedicated murder centers where he could be sure to only kill them.

This from an administration that already refused to acknowledge Jews in its statement on Holocaust Remembrance Day.

I guess Bannon still has someone's ear.

Deskgrunt50, HC, Riptide and 4 others like this.
  2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

These guys always seem to accidentally stumble into the most anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying-est phrases. They would benefit from some sensitivity training so their words matched the goodness in their hearts.

Ace likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

From what I've seen on Twitter (yes, I know, but I trust the sources I saw), Trump did not attend the Seder service at the White House last night. Obama never missed it. Using this administration's logic, I'm betting he didn't go because Obama always did.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Ridiculous performance by Spicer but his comments were neither anti-Semitic nor Holocaust-denying. They were just really dumb.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And, they're ALWAYS given at least one opportunity to walk it back after the smoke clears.

And, they NEVER do.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Songbird and QYFW like this.
  9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You're right. They're not Holocaust denying. More like, Holocaust wasn't that bad-ing.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"But Hussein Obummo was a mooslim!! A mooslim!!" -- Team Netanyahu

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What's shocking is that he was known as a communications professional. It's not like he was the head of Exxon or something before coming to his current role. He was the spokesman for the RNC. He must have done something right if he helped elect a candidate with no previous electoral experience.
    This is like a baseball player who works his way through the minors, gets to the show, puts the ball in play and starts running toward third base instead of first.

georgealfano likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.