1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You're right. Needed more talking horse.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Surprised they gave the new guy -- a Canadian no less -- the cover, to write about U.S. politics.

But, at least he found a topic that others haven't covered -- SNL's treatment of him! Hell. it's practically JFK's gravedigger, it's such a unique idea.

Great job, but I would have gone with "impacting".

Why shouldn’t President Trump’s behavior continue to be manipulated—and the nation’s history altered—by jokes on TV?

So much of Trump’s popularity hinges on his image as a self-made miracle, a winner, a strong and successful man who is the best at everything and always gets his way. Baldwin has become our deflator in chief, a weekly pinprick in Trump’s balloon. Every time Trump tweets a wounded Sunday-morning response, every time Spicer laughs off McCarthy’s portrayal but then tries a little harder to bury his rage, every time Conway shows up on TV looking a little more challenged and broken, Baldwin can tell himself that SNL is not just making laughs but effecting change.

[​IMG]

HC likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

This is why people think you're an ass.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That would be a sick burn if you actually got it right. The horse didn't talk.

Be careful, you saw what happened to Whitman.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I was ready to read some devastating shit about her. These are fucking nothingburgers. She apologized to Obama for losing? They considered using Anthony Weiner to play Trump in the debates (but didn't)? Somebody in the campaign warned that Trump could win? Bill Clinton made a PG-13 remark about the Rolling Stones and his mother-in-law? She thought she was going to lose the Iowa caucus? She wanted a "Bianna" to do her first interview, and instead got CNN's "Brianna"?

This was the good stuff???

Hillary is a bore even when she loses elections.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

They should have gone with Chris Heath.

Maybe he'll write it for GQ.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Alec Baldwin's portrayal of Trump was a hot topic in 2016.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Just so no one forgets, you voted for the guy who is raiding the Government treasury to fatten his own wallet with the added bonus of taxpayer-funded trips to Florida every weekend.

One can almost bet one it: If Trump accused Hillary of something, it was probably just projection.

lakefront likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Exactly right:

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

A few years ago I had a regular gig interviewing authors about their new sports-related titles. And then my editor had a brilliant brainstorm, said it'd be cheaper for him to not pay me and for him to basically run excerpts from the book. On one hand, I could understand his reasoning: he could save money and just go straight to the source. On the other hand, he's basically giving authors free advertorials with no pushback/questions/etc.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Sorry, I couldn't return to the piece to refresh my memory. The author took it down in a huff when he didn't get the response he felt he deserved, and he's been grumpy with me since because when he emailed it to me for feedback, I told him that it might not do for readers what he thought it did.

cranberry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.