1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Read the story. Thr overall attendance was the same for each. The 2015 photo had the entire Patriots delegation in it on the steps. This year's photo had the non-player members of the delegation sitting on the lawn in front of Trump, and inexplicably out of the shot.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, whose damn fault is that? Maybe the incompetent idiots Fucko has serving as his WH events staff?

Oh yeah, those are probably some of the positions he hasn't bothered to fill. Or maybe given to the leading posters on the Breitbart message boards.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But the PLAYER attendance was smaller in 2017 than 2015. 34 vs. 50. That doesn't mean anything on its face because it could simply mean a bunch of players took a "been there, done that" attitude that had nothing to do with Trump.

The NYT tweet was grossly misleading in that the 2017 photo excluded all the non-players who were elsewhere on the grounds.

But the PLAYER ATTENDANCE was smaller. What the "overall attendance" was . . . I haven't seen exact figures.

Not that any of this really matters. The NYT fucked up. Period.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Nessun dumb-ass.

5. MisterCreosote

Right. I didn't say anything different.

Bottom line is, if the NYT is going to be in the business of trolling the president, it better make damn well sure it dotted every I and crossed every T.

Or else it's becoming the very thing the crazy man rants about.

6. Starman

I looked at the photo, and I counted 55 people in the photo other than Fucko (ergo, Patriot personnel).

I counted 13 of those as African-Americans. I suspect that would be stunningly out of proportion to the actual percentages on the Patriots' roster.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Why the fuck is the New York Fucking Times wasting one fucking penny keeping score of White House photo ops?

QYFW likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

We already knew about the players skipping it. And I'm sure it was mentioned again in yesterday's mainbar.

Maybe Kraft got more of his honkey front-office nerds to come and make up the difference, but the photos were clearly posted to depict many less people showing up now than showed up in 2015. Which is provably, demonstrably false.

9. Starman

Team Fucko controls what kind of pictures come out of WH photo ops. Why did they allow a pic with many fewer people than previous years?

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The implied idea is some players had been there in 2015 and didn't want to go back again so soon. Hence, the reference to winning two titles in three years.

11. MisterCreosote

I don't know, but the NYT is responsible for its own accuracy.

12. Starman

I'm just wondering who will be the first athlete to really seize the opportunity at one of these clown shows: Wait until they line everybody up on the risers for the pictures, then turn your back to Fucko.

Or, when he reaches out to shake your hand, spit in it. Or maybe hock a great big loogie right on the top of the rat's nest on top of his head.

My money is on the NBA championship team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.