1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

To say nothing of Lake Havasu.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Coward.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

But threw everything the party stands for overboard along the way. You think he's a mo
    compared to trump? That's your argument? Trump is a bigger narcissist?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There are banana republics laughing at the U.S. right now.

I hope this Comey stupidity backfires on him in a huge way. Even the letter they made public was Trump in a nutshell: "While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the Department of Justice. ..."

Trump is the biggest bullshit artist who has ever lived. It's Kindergarten behavior. He thinks if he shouts something loud enough or says it enough, he can obscure the truth. It is worse than lying, because a lair knows he is telling lies.

That sentence in that letter was what this was about. Trump trying to change truths that he doesn't like. The thing is, the power entrenched in the FBI probably shouldn't be trifled with -- there was a reason presidents were petrified of J. Edgar Hoover. Trump thinks he can fire Comey and get a puppet of some sort appointed who will change the narrative from "Trump was in cahoots with the Russians," to "Leaks! Leaks! Leaks! That is the problem!" But all he did was get rid of Comey, paving the way for an interim director who was there before Trump, too. Except now, the rank and file at the FBI are going to be pissed off, which I am hoping intensifies any investigations they want to do into Trump. ... I hope they get a bug up their asses now. Also, with all of the politicization that is one organization that leaks like a sieve. As they investigate, I hope we get a steady stream of negative things about Trump that defeats his purpose (bullshit) on this. My hope is that Trump is bringing himself down right now. Can't happen quick enough, if it does. Although, I have said all along, America is getting what it deserves. We reaped what we sowed with this shithead.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Glad to see folks are digesting this news in a sober manner, and not matching Trump's hysterics with their own.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Tribe has been especially nutty on Twitter.

9. YankeeFan

Nazis!

No, seriously, real Nazis.

And guess who was cooperating with them. Trump?

Guess again:

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This stuff puts Trump in only the first mile on the road to impeachment. It even took Richard Nixon, who was way more polished and better at manipulation and sliminess than Trump will ever be, almost two term in office before his criminal behavior and abuse of power could be effectively prosecuted.

It isn't just this Comey thing -- I thought his MAKING UP serious allegations and accusing his predecessor in order to try to distract people from the smoke surrounding his campaign, was about as unpresidential a thing as we have seen in my lifetime. And that includes Bill Clinton treating the oval office like a frat house and then lying his ass off about it when he was suffering the PR nightmare from it coming public.

But the same people trying to minimize this idiot's behavior will twist themselves into pretzels to equivocate things. At least be consistent in your treatment. It's been just three months of this clown, and the U.S. is doing things on a daily basis that you'd expect from a banana republic. He thinks he can bluff his way through four years with endless bullshit. The same way he got put into office in what was an extraordinary, and in some ways flukish election. If this is the first inning of a path to impeachment -- whatever grounds they come up with, I have a very strong feeling it is going to be more criminal sounding than "told some lies under oath, rather than admit he was getting blow jobs from the interns." But we'll get equivocations from some people who were gung ho when it was the "other team." I hate that people treat our leaders like they are rooting blindly for sports teams.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

When did he ever do that?

Where's @Dick Whitman when you need him?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You're really desperate to change the subject today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.