1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think it's been heading that way a long, long time, certainly since before Bubba. It's almost like a ratchet, moving only in one direction.

3. doctorquant

I'd wager folding money she was out of your league.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You'd lose. I had better in high school.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In fact, just for fun I googled up a pic of my old HS GF. Even being 9 years older than Kuntyanne, she looks a decade younger -- easy. (Hell, **I** look younger than Kuntyanne.)

If nothing else, she's been to a way way better plastic surgeon.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's a built-in flaw of the two-party system, or the American predilection for absolutes, or what.

8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Link?

9. doctorquant

If @Starman hit it, I don't wanna see.

10. doctorquant

Seen a lot of hypothesizing ... nothing blowing me away. Wonder if it's kind of like 1984 ... the two political wings are constantly at war, but the territory that's at stake is getting smaller and smaller.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

George H.W. Bush was probably the last Republican leader who gained anything from playing nice with Democrats and all that gained him was an early retirement in the end. I'd argue that the success of Newt Gingrich and the Contract on America gang in 1994 'weaponized' the Reagan Revolution and proved that there was political value in not only portraying their brand of conservatism as orthodox but anything to the left of them as morally defective. Egged on by first talk radio and further echo chambers like Fox News and their increasingly strident donor class, they've refined their bullshit like uranium to the point where they've got a weapon whose capabilities even they're not totally certain of.

You could certainly make the same accusations of the Democrats in certain situations, the Second Iraq War, the latter stages of Obamacare, but I'd argue that the majority of their employing of those tactics was defensive in nature, as they figured bunkering down when out of power was more productive than making an attempt to work with most of what the GOP has called "leadership" in the last 25 years.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You used to be amusing on occasion, even with your childish, moronic outbursts. Your repetition of this bullshit puts you firmly in the category of needing psychiatric care. Get help, dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.