1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You first.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That's for The Resistance.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's pretty rare to see knight take king, but that's what it looks like with Comey and the dufus.
    Trump is getting worked again.
    Comey did his homework.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What a surprise that a lifetime law enforcement bureaucrat took steps to cover his ass in a tricky situation. Former Obama DOJ official Matt Miller tweeted last week that Comey took copious notes and wrote memos in any meeting he considered sensitive, let alone problematic. My bet is, Trump will announce he's revealing tapes and every network sound man will prove they were doctored. He really is that stupid.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It should be clear to even the most ardent Trumphile that he's an abysmal failure, even if they don't want to admit it. But Democrats and Republicans both need to so some serious soul-searching and ask themselves what was so broken with the system and their governing that moved people to vote for a guy who's a wash-out from Clown College? It's not because the American people are dumb. Not all of them. We don't have 63 million dumb people who register to vote and then carry out that civic duty. But 63 million people clearly thought the bums, hacks and re-treads running for president on both sides were the same old song and dance. They couldn't stomach Hillary, Jeb and the rest of that steaming shitpile of mediocrity and because of that, having Donald Trump as president is their fault, not his.
    A very wise man who I've respected all my life (a relative) told me a few years ago that anyone qualified to be president is too smart to want the job. I believe that now more than ever.

Jssst21, Iron_chet, HanSenSE and 3 others like this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I still don't think it matters.

The President can't be charged with a crime (probably, it's never been tested but that seems to have been the conclusion most times it was considered). The only mechanism is impeachment. The Republican majority in the House has zero incentive to take on Trump, especially when Trump remains quite popular with their voters. It's only independents and Democrats who are driving down his approval rating, and who needs 'em?

I started to type "This" but there's even two massive scandals happening concurrently. In a matter of days, it comes out that Trump interfered with an FBI investigation, which is ultimately what brought down Nixon, and outright handed over classified information obtained by an ally to Russian officials just for the sake of bragging. Either one of these should be an instant career-killer for any politician and instantly one of the top 5 scandals in U.S. history, but Trump somehow became bulletproof by eating a daily barrage of these bullets. I'm not sure either is in the top-5 worst things he's done.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

There's a lot to that, but somebody's gotta do it, and it's up to us to make the best available (not possible) choice. It would be silly to deny that Trump suited tens of millions (not all of his votes, not close) voters just fine. There's a problem right there.

9. Michael_ Gee

Oh, they're pretty bad. And when the Republicans in Congress pass their health care bill and millions of (in their own minds) decent hard-working white people lose their insurance, things won't get better for Trump, as he promised the opposite. The truth is most Americans don't give a shit about the Constitution or democracy or anything like that. They define freedom as their own comfort. When that's hurt, they get upset.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Comey should have been fired the day Trump took office. The day. How could Trump's team not know that Comey was precisely the kind of person who'd do exactly what he did?

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They are really, really bad at this. It's the only thing saving the country right now, their incompetence remains half a step ahead of their evil.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.