1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

1000% disagree.

Pence would attempt to enact a lot of policies that I find completely vile. But he would do so within the rule of law and with a basic level of respect for civil institutions.

I'm not going to trivialize the incredible danger and ridiculousness of President Trump by putting any version of the liberal-conservative tug-of-war on the same level. The problem we face now transcends that.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pence is a knob in his own awful way but he has some basic baseline competence. Fucko has problems flushing the toilet.

If Fucko is not removed there's a 1/3 chance we'll all be dead in a year.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree here. Trump's complete lack of political savvy and his inability to not step on his own dick is going to protect us from the worst, I think. Pence is a run-of-the-mill politician, with run-of-the-mill politician ways of getting things done. Pence with a Republican Congress would be a nightmare. My $0.02.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I understand that from a "the most important thing is winning the political fights of today and tomorrow" perspective. Pence probably wouldn't have the unforced errors that Trump has that slow down his agenda. But I'm coming at this from a longer-term perspective. Trump is accelerating in the extreme an erosion of basic civic institutions.

amraeder and Dick Whitman like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At this point we're left with "At least he won't blow up the whole damn world!"

But that's enough. I'd take it at this point.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And I have to wonder how much Pence could actually do in the event Trump is forced to resign/is thrown out of office. Congress would have the threat of looking into what Pence knew to keep him in line. Plus if Trump is forced out there's going to be a lot of CYA going on for GOP lawmakers who backed Trump trying to not lose their seats in primaries or to Dems.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

When I covered college football, I would be amused at the rhetorical pretzels that people would twist themselves into on message boards to defend the school and program, in relation to others, against any and all evidence.

Now I realize that what I was witnessing was a lab rat experiment for understanding humanity in the 21st century.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm not watching any of this shit. Can someone just post if the pee-pee video gets mentioned?

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Comey done admitted Trump ain't under investigation, PAWWWWWWWLLLL! ROLLLLL DAMN TIDE!"

UPChip, Big Circus and dixiehack like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The entire Internet will go down at that point.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Poin is too busy working on his "Despacito" dance moves.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Comey walking away from table, everyone assuming the hearing is over, turns around and casually drops, "Oh, it's real. I saw it," and walks away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.