1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm way behind real time. Had to pause multiple times, as I was watching the baby -- the actual baby, not Trump. Then she took a nap, and my best course of action was to also try and take a nap.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I hope for your sake she doesn't suddenly require the dulcet tones of James Comey to fall asleep from here on out.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When senility is the preferred option...

(Haven't seen it yet.)

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He is, on the domestic front, more frightening. There's a lot of economic brokenness in America right now - see long nightmare in Kansas that will take years for the state to scoop out of - and that shit didn't come about because of Trump.

It happened because of men like Pence.

Trump is bad for our foreign policy. And he is offensive to educated sensibilities in ways that Pence (or, frankly, almost no one) is.

But, on the latter point, we gotta get over that to some degree. Genuflecting at the altar of our educated sensibilities is how we arrived at a bunch of PR-tested, double-faced, money-whipped assholes trying to starve America's government while saying "let them eat cake."

It's how more regular folk then arrived at resenting those people to such a degree that they handed America over to Trump.

There's a middle ground there. Pence isn't it. I don't know who is - but I know it's not him.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

UPChip likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Any serious attempt to remove Trump would be bound to have him try and take as many people in his administration down with him as he could. Pence would be target number one, and as head of the transition, there could be some grounds for shooting besides Trump's usual ravings.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are vastly, vastly, vastly understating the existential threat he poses. You are mischaracterizing the opposition to Trump because it makes your argument that Pence is more dangerous one that you more easily make, given where you have moved the Trump marker.

But this isn't about those damn elites being offended by Trump. It's that the leader of the free world is someone I wouldn't let run a lemonade stand.

amraeder and Dyno like this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

McCain has no more blood in his body. It's time for him to lay down and go to sleep. That was treacherous. Sadly treacherous.

Liut likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Damn right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.