1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's impossible, I'm afraid. The deep state simply will not allow it. It has nothing to do with "this" administration or "that" administration.

Every president who has attempted to achieve something with Moscow has been sabotaged by his own people. From the U-2 incident in May 1960 when Eisenhower was making progress with Khrushchev, to last week's downing of a Syrian jet. There always will be a provocation every time the White House and the Kremlin are working toward detente (or just cooperating in general). Every time.

Madonna was wrong in her silly tirade during the women's march in January. It's not the White House that should be blown up. It's the Pentagon and/or whatever building houses the CIA.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's the way he's spinning it now. Wait a few days and he'll likely have another story, just because he's Trump.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I hereby renounce Bill Clinton and promise to never vote for him and to seek his removal from office should he ascend to the Presidency from here on out

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm good at one lines. Everything else I say has no substance. But I've got those one good lines, dammit.

Songbird likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The accusation, at least my accusation, is he tried to "intimidate" Comey into giving testimony that was favorable to him, regardless of what actually happened, and he thought he could lie or bluff his way into it.

And, just like damn near everything else, the only thing you can fall back in is it being shady as hell but not technically prosecutable.

6. HanSenSE

And you really think that was Trump's goal?

7. HanSenSE

Yep, he's the kind of guy who is always going to tell us the truth. Just like he did with Obama's birth certificate, and how many attended his inauguration, and wiretapps at Trump Tower ...

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucko was trying to induce Comey to lie for him.

Subornation of perjury in addition to witness intimidation.

Add it to the felony list.

goalmouth likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Man, how do you even type stuff like that? Even for you, that was quite the lie.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OOP, would you say that liberal, Harvard Law professor, Alan Dershowitz, has been DEFENDING TRUMP?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Best part of the "Trump was trying to get Comey to tell the truth" angle is the truth is what damns Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.