1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Please. Tell me what my voting habits are. Tell me who I do and don't vote for.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I bet you voted for Greenwood. Did I get at least one right?

Justin_Rice likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Preposterous.

Everything good that's happened against ISIS has happened since January 20 of this year.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This whole story has fascinated me. It doesn't make its way into the stories often, but one reason the waterfront land she wanted to buy was even available was that the Roman Catholic Diocese needed to sell the land to pay for a huge settlement covering 26 sexual abuse lawsuits involving priests. It just amazes me how every shitty current events thing ends up dovetailing into another shitty current events thing.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Belated props to Harry Truman for single-handedly licking the Axis.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Has political discourse fallen to such a low level that Harry Truman is being called an axis licker?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Democratic congressman when I was in high school (more than 20 years ago) once came to speak to the school. One of the few thing he said that stood out to me was that 95 percent of the time, Democrats and Republicans spent their time working together on different things, but that the 5 percent was where everyone was always paying attention to it.

Maybe the percentages have changed nowadays, but I always liked how he said that.

Batman likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Only when he cuts someone off in traffic. [/crossthread]

Twirling Time and Oggiedoggie like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Were Voting Machines Actually Breached? DHS Would Rather Not Know

"Computer scientists have been critical of that decision. “They have performed computer forensics on no election equipment whatsoever,” said J. Alex Halderman, who testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee last week about the vulnerability of election systems. “That would be one of the most direct ways of establishing in the equipment whether it’s been penetrated by attackers. We have not taken every step we could.”

Voting machines, especially the electronic machines still used in several states, are so insecure that an attack on them is likely to be successful, according to a report from NYU’s Brennan Center for Justice out Thursday morning. David Dill, a voting systems expert and professor of computer science at Stanford University quoted in the report, said hackers can easily breach election systems regardless of whether they’re able to coordinate widely enough to alter a general election result.

“I don’t know why they wouldn’t try to hack voting machines and I don’t know what would stop them,” Dill told TPM. “Any statement that says ‘We haven’t see evidence of X’ also means ‘We haven’t lifted a finger to investigate.’”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.