1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"Pussies." -- The 1960s

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, the right-wing shriek machine has been all over this today, with the typical bullshit of why the media isn't focusing on it.

Except, what was originally reported was mostly old news. Comey said in his hearing that some of the memos he wrote had classified information, but the one that he gave to his friend to be leaked did not. The sort of nuance that seems to escape the Trumpists.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The reverence we had for the office will seem so odd to future generations. It's gone and it's not coming back, for better and worse. This is a stain that will fade but never completely come out.

dixiehack likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Everything was fine until Trump was elected.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But it's what Trump does best, make statements not supported by facts. His base eats it up because of "Emails! Benghazi! Lock her up!" but most folks see POTUS crying wolf - again - , like with wiretapps, the Comey tapes, birtherism ...

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

No. He's the culmination. But he pushed up the timeline about four or five cycles. Mountain Dew Camacho was at the earliest going to arrive in 2028.

QYFW likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm so disappointed in not only our sitting president but the rest of our country who are not objecting to his behavior.

I understand the frustration with the status quo that led the voters to reject more of the same Clinton ticket and choose Trump. I respect their choice.

However, I told someone its as if we were in HS and we selected the fun candidate who said "free soda in the lunch room" and "assemblies every week". After the initial fun of the election, the kids said "WTF? Why is this so screwed up now?" Well we're there now as a country.

Trump's behavior is unacceptable me and an blight on our country to others in the world. I keep holding out hope that my fellow voters will see the light and say we need someone the world respects, not someone they laugh at. Hopefully my faith will be vindicated not extinguished.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I hope the next President we elect is better than Trump, but electing a "world respects" guy went a long way toward creating the current state we're in.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The thing is that Fox News got it wrong this morning and said that Comey had released a memo that was classified Secret to the press. Trump saw it and immediately tweeted it, and here we are.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Exactly. And damn all those people on the payroll that prepare briefings, are tuned into intelligence, etc. If it's on "Fox and Friends," IT MUST BE TRUE. Kind of like the Swedish tragedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.