1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

All the better for every senator to have the weekend to contemplate how Trump threw their former colleague under the bus.

But hey, it felt good at the time....

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This one hit close to home as "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (the original) is easily in my top 5 favorite movies.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I've got one; he can have it for a million bucks out the door.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

That tweet made me legit LOL.

Civil asset forfeiture is a scourge on our society and Sessions support of it tells me everything I need to know about his moral character (not that there aren't other red flags).

We have a cop in our jurisdiction who is such a notorious liar that he cannot be used as a witness in any criminal case. Period.

But the PD keeps him not only employed but on the Interstate interdiction team because the guy is like a hound dog on the faint scent of a raccoon when it comes to finding large stashes of cash in cars passing through. His credibility doesn't matter in civil asset forfeiture cases because it is insanely difficult for individuals to prove that cash isn't the result of ill-gotten gains. So he ends up being a major boon for the department.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    lcjjdnh and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

What about liberals taking my hard-earned assets via taxes?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Move to Somalia.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You always did strike me as a Pol Pot kinda guy ...

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Leonard Pitts:

But for all that Trump has not achieved, there is, I think, one thing he indisputably has. He has taught us to live in a state of perpetual chaos and continuous crisis. Six months later, the White House commands the same horrified attention as a car wreck or a house fire.

In that sense, last week’s revelation that the Trump campaign, in the person of Donald Trump Jr., did in fact meet with a Russian lawyer with ties to the Kremlin to influence the 2016 election was just another Tuesday. Sure, it might have been shocking from the Bush or Obama campaigns. But under Trump, we live in a state of routine calamity.

Besides which, a few days from now, there will be something else. With Trump, there inevitably is. Things can always get worse — and usually do.

And when they do, we can count on the GOP, that inexhaustible fount of righteous outrage, to stand tall and courageously look the other way. For almost 20 years, the party has never seen a minor episode (“Travelgate”), a sheer nothing (Whitewater) or even an international tragedy (Benghazi) it could not turn into Watergate II. Yet, as credible accusations of treason, obstruction, collusion, and corruption swirl about this White House, the GOP has been conspicuous in its acquiescent silence. It seems the elephant has laryngitis.

Let’s not be shy about why Trump is president

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now we have Fridgegate.

Thank you, I'll be here all night. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The one thing that will give Trump a legacy now is slipping Ginsburg a polonium mickey. He has expert help in that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.