1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In this instance, or generally?

I understand that in general, the default position I'm supposed to have regarding Trump is outrage. But what about here specifically? Outrage? Was he being sexist?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In SonOfQuant's case, the decision to no longer do Boy Scouts was also the parents'. His having just finished Cub Scouts, we drove across town to his troop. The Scoutmaster then began laying out expectations for rank progress, meeting attendance, etc. I listened about two minutes before the phrase "Fuck this shit" started running though my mind.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As usual, the liberal overreaction to something Trump has done is more outrageous than what Trump actually did.

It's like they want to help re-elect him.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I did one year of Cub scouts. I think I earned wolf and bear patches for my shirt. Learned how to tie a few knots, but the best part was when the den mother's kid showed us a Polaroid shot that his dad had taken of his mom in the shower. The next year my dad made me choose between Cub Scouts and Little League, so I was done.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think it reminded me of Hitler. It reminded me Trump is mentally and morally unfit to hold public office. Giving a campaign stump speech for an election that was eight months ago to a group of boys is not the act of a well man.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Just FYI, there is more than one troop in your area. In fact, there are tons (I know this because I know where you live ;) ).

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see all the religious conservatives who wrote off the Boy Scouts as a tool of the devil because of Teh Gays come flying in off the top rope to defend their honor now that they've aligned with King Ahab.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That smiley face could be friendly or it could be menacing.

da man likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Should have asked your dad how Polaroids work.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In retrospect, maybe Boy Scouts would have been less of a beating, because we let SonOfQuant talk us into Tae Kwon Do. One of my MBA students mentioned that last night as an activity for his kids, and my response was "Run away, Scar, run away."

dixiehack likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Okay, we are past the six month mark and I'm fatigued.

Anyone have a scorecard?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Does Trump's over-the-top outrage help him get re-elected or does the over-the-top outrage in response to his over-the-top outrage do it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.