1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I can't stand corporate United Way campaigns.

swingline likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, there was the one where they tried to complain about taxation to Jesus and he told them to shut up and stop complaining.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trumpistas probably take the same stance with amendments added to the Constitution too.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I knew eventually you and I would find something to agree on.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

False equivalency ... do try to keep up.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This morning: Much praise for how Kelly has brought new discipline to White House.
    This afternoon: Senior White House staffer picks fight with Statue of Liberty
    This evening: Kelly's favorite bartender gets an earful.

RickStain likes this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

When I do it, it's a tangential thought.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Impotence"? That word choice is world class trolling.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did anybody at the briefing ask why there were two statements released about it?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The problem here is that the Republican party would have us believe that it is the one, true party of America and the official party of God and Jesus. Claiming to be an evangelical is almost a prerequisite for pursuit of office. Even your guy in the White House has claimed that nobody knows more about the Bible than he does. So if you're going to tie the tenets of a particular religion to your brand and your messaging, you have to live with the consequences. One of those is concern for the poor. If, as people like Ted Cruz claim, policy is derived from God, then your policy should be consistent with the religious message.
    Yet the GOP loves capital punishment and guns and hates the poor and foreigners.

I would love to know the passages in the Gospels where Jesus runs to the gallows to execute a condemned man; where he brandishes weapons and encourages the public display thereof; where he tells the poor, unwashed citizens to get the hell away from him; where he tells the sick to heal themselves and stop bugging others for help; among others.

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.