1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I would support said policy.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I could use a laugh. Somebody tell me again how Mike Pence would be just as bad.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Which U.S. city would you be willing to sacrifice in order to maintain the policy?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Do you crazy people realize that announcing an intention to nuke someone you of think might nuke you, by default gives them reason to think you might nuke them so they should invoke the same principle on you?

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

I hear he's soft on cigarets. Can't have that.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Somewhat related: I've never understood why a country with nuclear weapons—many, many nuclear weapons—is allowed to tell another country that it can't have nuclear weapons.

And you can't say: America is a sane country and North Korea is insane, because you elected FUCKING DONALD TRUMP TO BE YOUR FUCKING PRESIDENT.

7. YankeeFan

We should be clear, Trump did not specifically threaten to nuke anyone.

Yes, he didn't limit himself when he promised to bring fire and fury in response to further threats, and such language, it could be argued, suggests a nuclear strike.

But, at the end of the day, he's talking about taking necessary military action to prevent a strike by North Korea, should it be determined that they are preparing to launch such a strike.

There's nothing wrong, or new about this. He "talked tough".

I'd argue that's a good thing. Quiet diplomacy has gotten us nowhere. Trump has let the Korean dictator know there's a new sheriff in town.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This is the Internet message board version of, "I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast."
    IMG_6139.PNG

TowelWaver and melock like this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You forgot the "like the world has never seen" part. The world has seen atomic bombs. That pretty much leaves nukes.

SnarkShark likes this.
  10. RickStain

Yes, yes, I'm familiar with the "he didn't say it unless it benefits me tomorrow to say he did say it" doublespeke defense.

"Fire and fury the world has never seen" can only mean large nuclear. The world has seen a lot.

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. RickStain

Diplomacy has gotten us exactly where we need to be. Or did North Korea attack one of our allies and I missed it?

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I would not. Stipulating that: A) it could be proved that a major attack was aborning; and B) the use of a nuclear weapon was the best way to eliminate said threat (accounting for all secondary, tertiary, etc. contingencies), I think a President would be derelict in his/her duty if he/she refused to do the deed.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.