1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Come on ... when did you start? Junior year? My admissions goose was already all but cooked by then.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yep. It took 48 hours of relentless criticism from every direction for him to finally get the message. Totally self-inflicted injury.

3. doctorquant

You mean that it's being blithering idiocy is not all that's wrong with it? Dayumnation ...

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bumping this from the closed thread; not as a "I told you so" so much as a...well, no, actually it is an "I told you so."

So, I went to a Donald Trump rally last night in ABQ.

I went in convinced that I was going to see a blowhard showman, there to celebrate his ego by being cheered, and there to show off his macho, bully nature.

I left convinced he is dangerous for the country. I left convinced he knows exactly what he is doing, and what he is doing is fanning the fires of the worst kind of support. I left convinced the comparisons to early staged Fascist regimes is completely valid. The militaristic, foreboding, Wagnerian music. The egging on of people attacking the protestors. The flat-out, undeniable lies. The attacking of his own party (the place went silent when he attacked the sitting GOP Governor's Association President). The wooing of Bernie Bros. And the factless boasting, boasting, boasting by someone found to be very charismatic by a big underbelly of society.

Dangerous.

TigerVols, May 25, 2016Report

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Banging salad bar though.

6. doctorquant

Why'd you find the wooing of the Bernie Bros to be troubling?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's the part you find noteworthy?

He was flat-out lying about HRC's stances on numerous economic issues.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All I could think of seeing that was Bart Simpson writing on the blackboard to open the show.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. doctorquant

I don't know about noteworthy. It was the one thing in your post that I was surprised to see.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I suspect that it's the only sentence that's worth unpacking.

It's like when Pence wants us all to spend less time talking about the President's statement and more time denouncing violence in the streets. I'm just not sure where else to take the latter, post-denunciation.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"No one has ever opposed the Nazi's as vehemently as I did today. Nobody's done it. People said, they literally called me and said it's the best anti-Nazi speech they've ever heard.I dare you to find someone who's spoken out against them, anybody who's made a bigger stand against them than I did today."

"Churchill, Mr. President?"

"I like Prime Ministers who aren't dead."

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is the second time it has taken him days to renounce Nazis. Like I said earlier, he thinks he's walking into some kind of trap laid by his enemies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.