1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm just gobsmacked that Trump is defending people whose entire worldview centers on killing his daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Today's events make me less inclined to think that conservative hero Steve Bannon, who once whined that "two-thirds" of tech CEOs were Asian, will be whacked. He's back on top.

If Kelly is still on the job come Friday night, he'll be in for the long haul.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Remember when I used to ask what would happen to his support if he said from the stump that, "The problem with this country is niggers"?

I'm not convinced that we won't find out.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Heather Heyer's death has just been normalized again, because, apparently, there are good people on the alt-right.

If you voted for him and aren't asking questions about WTF they did by now ...

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the Monday before Thanksgiving, just to fuck up everyone's potlucks.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Notice how no GOP leaders are jumping up to defend him on this one.

The September legislation period is huge and not easy to navigate this year, and they don't have time to mess around with him. His influence on things like the budget is going to be minimal, and they're *hoping* that he's just a non-entity and not an active drag on their efforts.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I truly believe the man has early-stage dementia.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I can't dig it up right now, but find the transcript of his call with the governor of Guam. Calling it "barely coherent" is generous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.