1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't think Bannon expects to last more than a year to eighteen months. Hell, I doubt he wants to stay longer than that, I wouldn't. He's going to push as much of his prime agenda through as he can, try to keep Trump wound up and pointed where he wants him to go, and then get out and enjoy his new higher status as a WH insider.

I think much of what was said above is correct as well. He's resetting his position with Trump and sticking a dagger into his enemies, while not going so far off the reservation that he gets sacked. No way in hell this conversation was on the record by accident.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

But what if it was a Republican Muslim?
    [​IMG]

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Until the conservative leaders in Congress are willing to name President Trump when they criticize fascists, they deserve to be called Nazis.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not in Barcelona. The Catalans have their own independence movement, but I don't think there's been any violence recently, and even the Basque separatists haven't been resorting to violence lately,

7. Neutral Corner

Sure, I know their size descriptions. Same as they know what "medium" or "large" means. I just refuse to buy into their marketing bullshit. If they come back with "You mean venti?" I give them a look like they are particularly slow and say "Small, medium, large" as I move my hands farther apart, indicating the height of the cup. "I want a large cup of coffee".

Fuck Fivebucks coffee. I generally use an independent local place instead, given a choice.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    cranberry likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

When they ask your name, say "Bueller". Then don't go to the counter immediately. They'll play along.

9. Neutral Corner

Wanna take odds on how much faster Trump is to tweet about it than the one here?

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've never understood people who boast about being shitty and rude to the relatively low-paid people making their food and drinks.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Why does he lie and say stupid shit?

Oh yeah, it what Donald does.

And he's our president. Yay!

Trump’s comments about funding for inner cities came during a press conference on Aug. 15 in which he defended his response to the deadly violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville. Trump argued that job creation would have “a tremendous, positive impact on race relations.”

“And I’ll tell you, we’re spending a lot of money on the inner cities,” Trump added. “We’re going to fix — we’re fixing the inner cities. We’re doing far more than anybody’s done with respect to the inner cities. It’s a priority for me. And it’s very important.”

We reached out to the White House press office for support for the president’s claim, but we did not receive a response.

Fact check: Trump’s hollow claim about ‘inner cities’

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Abundant natural resources, ocean on your east border, ocean on your west border and a kick-ass Constitution go a long way.

Doug Ross, the pediatrician on "ER", seemed to call every kid a kiddo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.