1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Me, too. When I go to a Starbucks I always ask for small, medium or large and I pay in cash.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There are thousands of us! Thousands!

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you are referring to my "particularly slow" comment, its because the "venti" thing is an issue for me. I just don't buy in.

I am universally polite to retail clerks and waitstaff. Someone who waits my table has to work at it to get less then 20%. I draw the line at tipping when I pick up takeout.

I'm just not going to be Starbuck's monkey, and if they give me "You mean Venti?", they're going to get "I want a large coffee" back. We're both speaking English... or I am, anyway.

I suppose that since they added "Trente" they have some justification, but I'm not going to buy a Big Gulp of coffee.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There are many sides at fault. Many sides.

And I'm sure there will be video of the mob attacking the vehicle and the guy panicked and stepped on the gas. It was self-defense.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

YF has been downplaying the Falangists for too damn long!

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You'd think he'd learn from Trump's cautious response to Charlottesville where he didn't want to issue a statement at all until he knew all the facts.

8. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything on this because I think it is somewhat taboo, but I think it bears thinking about and discussing:

What if the Nazi had killed more than one person? He tried. What if he killed five? What if he had killed 20? What if it was a Nice situation, with 100-plus?

I guess the question is whether Trump is getting almost a pass because "only" one person was killed. Imagine the "many sides" comment in the face of 30 deaths. Different reaction? More heat?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe northern cities can erect statues of William Tecumseh Sherman holding a tiki torch.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It is strange how long we've long glorified the Civil War. My parents were born less than 100 years after it was over. It wasn't that long ago. We treat it like it was Athens vs. Sparta. We really do.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I think once you reach a point where even the grandkids of participants are dead you see something fade quickly. The oral tradition and all. My grandfather went to the 1914 World Series, Game 2, and watched Eddie Plank pitch. Used to regale me with the story and also stories about Rube Waddell. If I had a son, maybe I'd share them. As is, 1914 to my daughter is basically ancient Greece.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.