1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Oh, good god JC, you like BBQ chicken pizza?

I hereby nominate you to ride shotgun with SpeedTchr on the food thread here on sj.com!

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I can't tell if "some carbon" from "the jets" is code for an unholy barrage on a toilet or if you're going full Vombatus... I am both curious and terrified (if I may interject some levity that I hope isn't inappropriate given your stressful situation).

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Infrastructure Week. Kind of like last week's Made In America Week.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The Pershing tweet may get my vote as the single craziest Trump tweet of all the crazy Trump tweets. It's just so staggeringly wrong on so many levels.

For starters, it's a blatant lie. No such thing ever happened. A total fabrication. And Trump plainly knows it because he's been called out on it before.

Next, it's advocating committing morally reprehensible war crimes. Your Mai Lai analogy is apt.

Next, the tweet served as the POTUS response to the terrorist attacks in Spain. While the rest of the world's leaders were responding to that crisis in a dignified, compassionate and mature manner, this is how the President of the United States does it. No response other than tweets was given.

And, btw, still awaiting @YankeeFan's take.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  5. HanSenSE

From Pershing to bubble tea to elbows. What a day in the life of this thread. And still an hour and a half to go on the West Coast.

Human_Paraquat likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Every morning first thing I reach for my phone and fire up Google News while thinking "What did he fuck up now?"

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

"I'll take 'Things You Don't Want Up your Keister' for $500, Alex."

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hey now, nobody deserves that.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Machine Head likes this.
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, some idle speculation ...

[​IMG]

The ghostwriter of “The Art of the Deal” thinks President Donald Trump will eventually call it quits.

Tony Schwartz, the man behind Trump’s 1987 memoir, took to Twitter on Wednesday to vocalize his forecast for Trump’s political future.

“The circle is closing at blinding speed,” Schwartz tweeted. “Trump is going to resign and declare victory before Mueller and congress leave him no choice.”

In a follow-up tweet, he added: “Trump’s presidency is effectively over. Would be amazed if he survives till end of the year. More likely resigns by fall, if not sooner.”

Ghostwriter for Trump’s ‘Art of the Deal’ Thinks President Will Resign

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And beyond because the sun hasn't set on my ass yet.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

His comments have made him toxic. His inability to stay "on message" have crippled his Presidency, but by all means go out to Phoenix and campaign for a primary opponent of a Republican Senator who - despite his comments critical of you still votes with the party. Pardon a public official with a history of using his office to demonize people of color and his political opponents.
    It isn't that Trump is ever going to win over his critics, his problem is that his comments are making it harder for his supporters to justify their support of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.