1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

One side was 60 people cowering in a park, hoping the police would protect them.

The other side included folks who were throwing things at the police.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's unacceptable. Clearly. And in this case, totally needless rather than anything resembling need for self defense.
    Again, the bad apples portion of the opposition is rather small compared to the bad apples portion of the Nazis.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'd think a brainiac like you would wonder why last summer's shooting in Dallas wasn't considered by the GAO as a "violent extremist attack." But I'm not quite the scientist you are.

QYFW likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You'd think after a while people would realize arguing with YF is a fool's errand. No right winger can do something bad enough to repulse him. No left winger can be spotless enough for him to admit sympathy with their cause. If he were born 50 years sooner (hi DQ!) he'd be your neighborhood Bircher with the mimeograph in the basement churning out blurry pamphlets about MLK sleeping with white women and attending Communist indoctrination schools.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    TowelWaver, JC, lakefront and 12 others like this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He'd have been about 1 when MLK was killed. That Birchers-in-diapers set sure was terrifying.

Jeez ... can't anybody around here do simple arithmetic?

SpeedTchr and QYFW like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In my defense, the first-grader made me sit through Boss Baby last night, her Redbox pick for the weekend.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Not to damn him with faint praise, but it wouldn't be as distasteful if I didn't believe YF actually is an intelligent guy. Then again, plenty of folks with brains have turned them off over the past 18 months or so.

8. tapintoamerica

He also strikes me as quite intelligent. I also suspect he has nothing in common with the Nazis except support of Trump.

9. tapintoamerica

On hour, 19 minutes after he first opined on the day's events.

10. YankeeFan

How old do you think @doctorquant is?

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And with General Kelly's gun to his head.

12. YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.