1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Texas deserves and should get every bit of government financial aid and help. It's the right thing to do.

But yeah, as a person in the middle of Sandy, I can't say all those "no" votes still don't make my blood boil.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Everything is the media's fault.

You're on a message board full of people who have worked or still work in the media, yet you come to tell us that everything is the fault of the goddamn fucking evil media.

Once again, get fucked. Sideways. You are a hateful twat.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If the situation is so dire and it is a matter of human decency to recognize it as such, it is wholly appropriate to call out elected representatives who trivialize it by tying their vote to the geography of the suffering. If it is dire -- and it is -- then it's important for everybody to be vigilant in many ways, one of which is to hold elected officials accountable for responsible votes that recognize common humanity and citizenship rather than personal ideological grudges.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You didn't see shit. You are openly rooting for people to die. You're the worst person, by far, on this board.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

They don't believe him. They're just gutless.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Spend the money to help the people, the way we would for people in New Jersey, Louisiana, California or New York.

But don't let the assholes off the hook who foot-dragged on aid in the past.

Especially like this guy!!!

https://americanbridgepac.org/pence...f-funds-hostage-to-push-his-political-agenda/

And, no, we're not making offsetting cuts of 10 fuckin' cents of anything else to fund disaster aid for Texas. It can come out of the Pentagon budget.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

OK, wishing him and his wife dead is out of bounds -- and again, I don't get how these people who were so wild and colorful and hardly the most pious people back in the day can become hardcore God and country types when they get older-- but if there really is a blacklast of conservatives in Hollywood, I fully support their names being on it.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wonder how many good, God-fearing, freedom-loving Texans this is going to bite in the ass?

Texas Senate sends bill to governor discouraging weather-related lawsuits

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think the driver who killed Heather Heyer should hire Yankee Fan as his lawyer. Yankee fan will play video of Antifa attacking people and say that they cannot convict his client unless they also convict members of Antifa.

I wonder how that would work out.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So let me see if I have this straight. If Congressman Smith manages to pin a non-disaster-related amendment to a disaster-relief bill, and as a result Congressman Jones goes from being a yes for that bill to a no ... Congressman Jones is the one using the disaster to "make political points"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.