1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He said the coverage was a media conspiracy to sell things.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Strawman. Nobody said decriminalize. As always, nuance is far beyond your grasp.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As I posted earlier, Limbaugh's hurricane rant was almost exactly the same kind of unhinged, old man conspiracy theory that gets tossed around every time the local weatherman predicts freezing rain, sleet, ice or snow here. The bread and milk aisles get cleaned out and some whackjob says he is getting paid under the table by the grocery stores.

Also, too, I like Limbaugh's silly line about not "legally" being allowed to do his show on Friday.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm on record as saying they should be prosecuted and that I'll gladly contribute to their defense funds.

RickStain likes this.
  8. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I'd love to watch The Godfather with someone who genuinely believes that Trump's grab 'em by the pussy comments weren't bragging about sexual assault and Rush's hurricane comments weren't implying a liberal hoax: 'An offer he can't refuse? Boy, I bet that's going to be a sweet deal!'

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can anyone be an ala carte conservative or do they all have to buy the all or nothing approach - signing off on everything, defending everything.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Certainly.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, he isn't, but you are absolutely being dishonest yet again. He claimed that the threat level of the hurricane was created by the media to push an agenda. To make people think Hurricane Irma wasn't that much of a threat is irresponsible. Sure, people would have to be stupid to ignore the threat due to his words, but some of his listeners are that stupid. Misleading them was irresponsible.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Speaking of dishonesty, here is yet another example of it from YankeeFan. Some liberals, even if it is a very small number, said something, so he attributes that view to all liberals. It is dishonest and he does it all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.