1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Who else but Trump would whine that football isn't violent or dangerous enough?
    Whether Tide or Tiger fans, they certainly loved this. Their guy is the leader of a party that will never stop trying to kill people by taking their health insurance. And now he advocates the return to full-on blood sport. Consistent if nothing else.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

melock likes this.
  3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I enjoy this thread when it stays on point, so please don't fuck it up again.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Is John McCain's opposition to these health care bills the only negative consequence Trump has faced for the awful things he's said in the past 2-3 years?

I have to admit, it's kinda satisfying for one of the awful things he said during that stretch to finally bite him in the ass.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

We've elected a goddamn sports talk radio caller as president of the United States.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Only he can fix the world. Only he.

[​IMG]

"We can't have madmen out there shooting rockets all over the place," Trump said, referring to Kim Jong Un. "And by the way, 'Rocket Man' should have been handled a long time ago. By Clinton. I won't mention the Republicans right? By Obama."

"This shouldn't be handled now, but I'm gonna handle it because we have to handle it," Trump continued. " 'Little Rocket Man.' We're gonna do it because we really have no choice."

'We're gonna do it because we really have no choice': Trump fires back at North Korea's 'dotard' statement

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, none of the women he grabbed by the p---- are in Congress.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure McCain would stick to what he said earlier, but here's some love for someone who actually does (this time) what he said

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

As said on Twitter: Trump on white supremacists: "Very fine people."
    Trump on NFL players who peacefully decline to stand for the national anthem: "Sons of bitches."
    Nice president you've got there, Alabama.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I was certainly one to criticize McCain for being all talk and no action when it comes to going against Trump and other members of his party. Well, he certainly stood up at the right time (twice) on the health care issue. Good on him.

Nobody wanted this bill. And the way it was being lied about by the GOP and the last-minute attempt to ram it through was ridiculous.

Maybe, just maybe, the bipartisan group that was working on ACA fixes can resume. It can succeed with fixes (and if the president and GOP stop trying to sabotage it).

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I find it disturbing that the President of the United States doesn't believe in the First Amendment. Well, he likes it for himself. Others, not so much.

And thanks for giving this another chance, Moddy. Hope it doesn't become a pain in the ass again.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It could have been worse. His Alabama rally was originally going to be tomorrow, but someone managed to get across the idea that scheduling it on a football Saturday was going to result in a significantly smaller crowd. He's pushing Mitch McConnell's boy, Luther Strange, so it was already looking to be a smaller cheering section than usual, but going up against the SEC?

It was switched to Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.