1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

My dad, US Army corporal, Korea. My father in law captain US Army Korea. My uncle LTCmdr USNavy, Korea. Uncle 50 missions bombardier, Europe WWII USArmy Air Corp. paternal Grand mother. WAC WWII. The man I am named for was killed in France 1918, my great uncle.

I registered but no draft in my age.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Trump didn't just criticize. He called for them to be punished, and he did so in an undignified manner. But hey, it's not like we ever expect honesty from you when it comes to your defense of President Trump.

3. outofplace

He isn't at the center of the Democratic Party. That is yet another lie you keep selling that no rational person will buy.

Killick likes this.
  4. outofplace

That, more than anything, showed why Tomlin was wrong in his approach. Given the dogshit performance by his team that followed, I have to wonder if this played a role.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Anyone can work hard, at anything. That's not special, or particularly unusual, or exceptionally paid for. The talent, the gift, usually is. Short supply, high demand, and all that.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You don't seem to understand that privilege suggests something is being awarded or given to these folks that they didn't earn. They have high-demand skills the rest of us don't and belong on the field because they attract viewers and fans. Not the public, not the football team owners nor anyone else confers those gifts to atheletes. They don't owe their jobs to anyone but themselves. They aren't "lucky" to be where they are.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No. But lots of trumpets. Kinda close.

[​IMG]

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just wait until Trump sees this:

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's just semantics. What percentage of their skills came from their work and what came from genetics?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Real 'Mericans don't watch football anyway.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But her emails!

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nothing burger.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.