1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The East coast thing for west coast teams is typically only a factor in the 10 a.m. PST/1 p.m. EST slot. They were playing at 5 p.m. Oakland time.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I suspect there's also a rule somewhere that says that police officers are not to shoot unarmed people. Probably the same squishy "sanctions may result" wording, though. Maybe we should take another look at these rules and make them a bit more definitive.

HanSenSE and poindexter like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tomlin should already know about any potential consequences. He said he called Roger Goodell Sunday morning to tell him what the team planned.

Also, the Steelers weren't the only team to go that route. As I mentioned earlier, the Titans and Seahawks both stayed off the field during the anthem before their game yesterday. The Steelers just drew more attention because they did it first and because of Villanueva.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why won't the NFL respect the flag!?!

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Can we all agree that this fucker going to prison is a good thing?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This isn't the first time he's posted something that seemed to indicate he leans somewhat left on some wedge issues. I guess he doesn't give a hoot anymore.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. DanOregon

I've always hated this.
    [​IMG]
    And not just because is blows off Alaska and Hawaii. That's not our flag.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's the kind of too clever by half one-upsmanship that doesn't move the conversation in a constructive way, in my opinion. (Don't get me wrong - I don't begrudge you for posting it here at our little clearinghouse.)

I'm not going to defend the football field-sized flags. Such displays are gross and out of control. They make me uncomfortable.

But there is a material difference between ignorantly breaking protocol ostensibly in the name of patriotism - and I recognize, again, that it is contrived patriotism largely intended to sell the NFL - and breaking protocol in service of a protest. Playing the, "Everything is the same as everything else" game isn't any more defensible as a fair means of rhetoric because it comes from the side I largely sympathize with.

Inky_Wretch and FileNotFound like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Michael Jordan becomes the last influencer to weigh in. Tool.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

That guy got 21 months for what he did. We got 48 months of Trump. BAD DEAL!!

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.