1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I wonder what's going to come up to postpone Tuesday's visit to Puerto Rico and USVI? Because I don't think he'll get the reception he's looking for.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I never think the pussy grabber can top himself. But he does.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

who wakes up to play golf on a Saturday this fucking angry?

cranberry likes this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

But it's an island of deadbeats! Austerity gets real now, bitches!

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Which also describes the Republican Party to a T; racists be racist.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

George W. Bush did a lot of things I disagreed with and made many serious mistakes on top. But at least he always fucking tried his best, and since I am aware I would be a very poor President myself, I respected that. Trump doesn't try the least little bit.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Compare this to St. Maarten. The Dutch are an ocean away, with a military budget that’s peanuts compared to ours, and they had ships there the next day. Just an utter failure on our end, and one that could have easily been avoided.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Past tweet for every occasion.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Why can't Mexico take care of its own problems?

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hope that Trump does go to Puerto Rico, and after seeing the devastation with his own eyes, understands the problems better and takes an improved approach to the situation.

The thing is that as the Price firing shows, he can't stand to look bad, and his handling of the PR disaster looks worse with every day that passes. It's self-inflicted, as so many of his worst failures are, but that won't matter. It looks bad and he is incapable of saying "I'm sorry, I blew that one, but we're going to redouble our efforts to fix things as fast as possible" because to do so would be to admit that he fucked up. Any fuckup *must* be someone else's fault.

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I suspect this is a stupid question but is this the offensive, hateful tweet/comment that does him in, at least with normal, caring, empathetic Republicans? I understand that the racist wing will eat it up but what about the rest?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have given up hope that any particular event will be the one where the scales fall from mainstream Republican eyes and they say, "My God, what have we done?". It may happen, but I'm to the point that I'm simply unwilling to say "That's it, he can't get away with that one, he's done. The American people won't stand for that" again. It's like the entire Republican party has an advanced case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Deskgrunt50 and TowelWaver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.