1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I like the idea of someone tackling Trump, but the more he feels alone and unliked, the more inclined he might be to do something drastically stupid under his "Oh, yeah? Well, I'll show them!" schoolboy mentality. Scary times getting scarier.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Well there's 62,984,825 of us idiots, so learn live with it.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have. That argument, and Yankee fan uses it all of the time, doesn't hold any water with me. I don't score keep Democrats and Republicans like you idiots. Unless Trump gets us into a nuclear war, my life isn't changing one bit whether Trump or Hillary is in office. The fact that there are 63 million of you idiots around doesn't change the fact that you are an idiot.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So Trump's playing golf today, as is his Saturday habit. It's the 72nd time he's been on the links since he was inaugurated. I began to add up my own rounds since Jan. 20, and I have determined I have played many more days than Trump. Of course, I'm a retired old fart with nothing better to do (there IS nothing better to do!) and he's the President of the United States. I guess this is one of the days where he thinks "everything is awesome" instead of one of the days he thinks "everything is awful."

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He’s grabbing ‘em by the pussy ...

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not the Democrats it puts in a tough spot, it's the Republicans. Since Trump is bragging he did it, it's unlikely voters will blame Obama if their premiums go up. The reason we so often have divided government is that when one party is in control, it gets blamed for EVERYTHING.

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I don't keep score either. I've voted Democrat more times than Republican. Who cares? Here's what you don't get. The American people did not vote along party lines. They voted for change. We got it and those who voted for it like it. I know a lot of very well educated, very smart people who voted for Trump. You're just too embarrassed and ashamed of our country's political system to admit that it has failed the general public, which decided to take matters in its own hands. This was never about Democrats or Republicans. This was about changing the status quo.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I reject the notion that Doc knows any smart people.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A judge ruled them illegal, and his justice department found no legal basis to continue to fight for them in court.

So, how is this on Trump?

The idea that cutting off spending that was never authorized by Congress is indefensible, is odd to me.

It's like if Trump paid for a border wall, without Congress appropriating the funds, was sued by Congress, and ruled against by a judge, and then the subsequent President ended these payments.

I wonder if the reporting in this case would say, "in move to undermine President Trump's signature immigration policy, President Biden unilaterally cut funding of the border wall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.