1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Is the GOP ever going to finally get to the bottom of Benghazi?

Or is it less important, now that Hillary lost?

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I know exactly who was killed, as one of my closest friends works in the State Department, thanks. Smith and Doherty sure as fuck were soliders, whether we were paying them as contract employees or no. And Stevens, a person you've never cared at all about, but have happily used as prop for years, deserves the same amount of respect as any solider who died in combat. He died in service to our country, and the fact that your side pretended to care about him (or any of them) one bit as anything other than a tool to seize power has been revealed itself to be quite fraudulent as the years have gone on.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Here it comes ...

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Lying liar tells another lie.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Mercer lost by three to Alabama, they wouldn't be discouraged. If Moore wins by three, Democrats shouldn't be, either.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Relying on the sheer volume to overwhelm his critics while his followers lap it up without thought.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Whaddya want? I'm a bridge-and-tunnel guy from Queens. I'm a developer who makes a living suing people and selling my name. You complaining about how I govern? You should have hired someone with experience. You didn't America. This is on you."

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I honestly may have missed it but have our Trumpists acknowledged that using the death of US soldiers to promote himself is completely out of bounds? Also, where does this rate on a list of appalling Trump deeds?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's funny, because this whole kerfuffle started because Trump ignored the deaths for more than a week.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who argued that Stevens deserved less respect than a soldier.

Smith and Doherty were remembered on the wall at CIA headquarters. I’m glad they’ve been remembered as more than security contractors.

Again, it’s odd when you ask people to be factual in their statements, and are accused of ulterior motives.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Maybe he's the one who shouldn't be calling after all

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think the president, generally speaking, should call in a situation like this one (he or she can't during the mass casualties of war, but this is different).

I don't think Trump should call.

HanSenSE and doctorquant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.