1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

All Trump knows how to do is lash out when he thinks he’s being challenged or disrespected and he doesn’t care how dirty he plays, who he tarnishes, the institutions he upends or the confidence of his allies that he betrays.

Life is a zero sum game to Trump in which fealty is the only goal. That’s why he promises checks to people (for the instant gratification of the thank you to the great Mr. Trump), tells people that no one else would have given the check (showing that he's better than Obama), doesn’t pay (how dare they ask for my money) and then lashes out when called on it (how dare the press criticize my generosity).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    CD Boogie, BadgerBeer, Pete and 2 others like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As justifiable as it is to rip Kelly over this, he, Tillerson and Mattis are the only ones keeping the White House from descending into complete chaos. So for the good of the country, I hope he stays around.

That's the trouble with Trump. He's hired a lot of unqualified/incompetent yes men. But when he fires them or they resign, the next person in that job is even worse.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The stock market already took care of the deficit AND the debt.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Very true. When he was staffing the White House initially, everyone pretty much knew what it would be like to go work for him. When someone quits or is fired now, whoever they ask about taking the job knows *exactly* what a chaotic hellhole it is to work in. Those who accept are either very ideological, power hungry, or patriotic. Most sane people would not even consider it.

7. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Does it reflect poorly on Trump that he publicly branded Wilson as a liar for her account of what he said in the call, calling it a "fabrication"? And then, even after Kelly stood up and conceded, yes, that's what Trump said but I'm here to tell you why it wasn't a bad thing to say, Trump *again* Tweets that Wilson gave a "total lie on content" of the call.

It wasn't that long ago that it would be shocking for a prominent politician to publicly and explicitly call another prominent politician a liar. (Remember that Republican who did so to Obama during the SOTU in 2009?) But Trump did so twice in 24 hours, and here's the real beaut – HE's the one who's lying! LOL! Trump gonna Trump. I dunno.

But, goodness! The real problem here is the Congresswoman, right? Who dares to call out our president like that? Would you? Would anyone?

BadgerBeer likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I didn't agree with Starman about everything, but he was dead-on nails that everything that comes out of our president's mouth can safely be presumed to be total bullshit until proven otherwise.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

In short, he's a piece of shit human being

Webster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.