1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fox News, Brietbart, hell, CNN or MSNBC as a paid Trump defender. Then there's "Christian" talk radio and TV. She'll repudiate or even gossip about Trump the same time Mel Kiper does the same about the NFL.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Financial literacy should be a mandatory part of American education, probably beginning as early as the seventh grade (shortly before kids start getting their first jobs).

As an anecdotal example, when I got my first job out of college, they offered me a matching 401k contribution. I said, "Great!" I signed a thousand papers that first day on the job and didn't think twice about it after that. Thought I was contributing 10 percent to my 401k for seven years before one day the company brought in a wealth manager and said, "We're starting a 401k program here at the company and Johnny Financial here is going to tell you what you need to know."

I didn't know what I didn't know when I was 22. I thought when they said they were going to do a 401k match, that I was getting it. I didn't even understand what the numbers were in the deductions tab on pay stub.

If' I had taken a single financial literacy course in high school or college, I'd have probably put away $20k-$40k during my time at that job instead of the measley $5k I ended up at.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Susan Page of USA Today said on TV today that the Steele Dossier story "could really hurt the Clinton campaign." Is there a concussion protocol for Beltway media?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The media expects the GOP to play dirty in campaigns, the Dems are expected to appeal to people's better instincts. Does this mean the content of the dossier is entered into the public record?

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'm confused, what were the deductions on the pay stub?

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

So are the JFK records being released tomorrow?

If so, you are going to see what a really shitty country we live in.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No, the rich would still benefit because the first $15,000, $35,000, $55,000, etc. of their income will receive the same cut as the middle class. And they'll receive every cent possible, as opposed to most Americans, whose income tops out before their maximum gain can be realized.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Woohoo! I contribute $8,400.

I'm rich!

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.