1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Charges filed in a Special Counsel investigation is a big deal. Why would you not think this is an important development?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh tone it down. This was a bunch of kids, in Halloween costumes, in the office of this big important dude they’ve sort of heard about. This is a piffle. I don’t like the guy for shit, but this take is just ridiculous. Acting like every breath he draws is an affront to all that’s decent and holy is why, in part, lots of people tune out legitimately troubling things about the guy.

Cosmo, SpeedTchr, YankeeFan and 2 others like this.
  3. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

You don't think Trump changes that equation at all, especially with Pence on deck?

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He probably won't be president by Tuesday.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Bullshit. When people got crazy over his truck driver act I said I thought it was cute/funny and made him look human. This is just plain wrong. The President can't hold his tongue and hand out candy without getting a rip in on the media? This is a great example of the normalisation of Trump's antics. He is an embarrassment every day and now when this is pointed out phonies like you can be "above the fray" and act as if the rest of us are overreacting. All I expect is the President act like an adult. I guess that is too much for superior intellectual like yourself.

HanSenSE and RickStain like this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

#WhyTrumpwon

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This isn't one of those times. We don't have to set the bar on the floor just so we can cheer when he merely trips over it and doesn't also crap his own pants and brag about it.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Just like an episode of Cops!

Assuming it would be Manafort and/or Flynn. Or maybe smaller fish.

I would wonder (and not going to happen at this point) if it was a Don Jr. or Kushner.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

"I can indict a ham sandwich."

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I didn't notice any racist angles in my reply. So I know you can't be referring to my post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.