1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of that's remotely in this ballpark is a reporter I used to work with. He wasn't any more horny than the typical guy, but once he found out I was dating my eventual wife, he devoted a lot of attention to her, mainly trying to get under my skin.

He would make the usual, "She's way too hot for YOU" and "How ya doing, gorgeous?" comments, but he'd also try to get her to hug him all the time. And, when she did hug him, he'd shoot me this creepy, taunting look, but always in a joking manner. As far as I know, he never felt her up or grabbed her ass, but I could absolutely see him making the Cop-A-Feel joke.

Not sure where that falls on the spectrum anymore.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That falls on the he-deserves-a-punch-in-the-face spectrum

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This is classic deflection; has nothing to do with the truth of the matter.

Only relevant issue is this confirms the truth.

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

About 20 years ago, a woman friend (she is married to a guy I went to college with) told a story that while she was studying for the bar after graduating law school, a guy approached her in Manhattan. He was an established writer/director, and he told her that she reminded him of a teacher that he had a big crush on as a kid, and that she'd be perfect for his next movie. He invited her to coffee and, once there, told her some Hollywood tales, including that Heather Graham wanted to actually have sex on camera, and he had to let her down that it was just intended to be simulated sex. My friend felt he was registering on the creepy scale, so she declined invitations to anything beyond that one coffee, which she wrote off as a nice break from bar prep.

This week, I wrote my friend: "Was that guy James Toback?" As I'm sure you've realized by now, the answer was yes. He apparently used this spiel with hundreds, probaly thousands, of women. Not even just aspiring actresses; he'd just pick women off the street in Manhattan he thought were cute, and start in: "I'm a Hollywood director, I just directed Robert Downey Jr. and Heather Graham in "Two Girls and a Guy," do you act because I think you'd be a natural, do you mind if I ejaculate in my pants?"

I agree with YF, it's crazy to think that guys like this walk the Earth. But they do. And they do a huge amount of harm.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Shocking news about the director and writer of a movie called "The Pick-up Artist"

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ask not for whom the giant vampire squid represents, for it represents thee.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not sure if this one has been posted yet, but Screen Junkies posted a video discussing the firing of its own Andy Signore after many accusations of sexual harassment. Signore founded Screen Junkies and created Honest Trailers. Apparently, Defy Media has been accused of ignoring reports of the harassment by women months ago.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Bush the Elder looking a mite ... isolated ... in Houston.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Guess no women wanted to sit next to H.W. at the World Series. He looked lonely.

Probably at the postgame he will regale some lucky lady with the story of Merkle's Boner.

cranberry, Fly, QYFW and 1 other person like this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And NOW MommaQuant knows why I hang out here!

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He can't outrun these allegations.

LongTimeListener and doctorquant like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ronan Farrow’s latest:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.