1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Texas church

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Nov 5, 2017.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don’t own any firearms ... is there blood on my hands if, nonetheless, all I can think to offer is my prayers?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If you were a legislator who neglected your duty, then yes.

But the phrase has always to this point been “thoughts and prayers,” and that’s the one that drew so much scorn after Vegas.

I think it’s an intentional change here.

3. doctorquant

Actually, legislators have the power to take the first step toward implementing a possible solution to this. I have a hard time deciding who’s derelict in their duty ... those who’d in good conscience oppose such a step, or those who’re too timid to take it.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

cjericho likes this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

So repeal the 2nd amendment?

6. doctorquant

A poster who’s recently been banished has made a very compelling case for doing so if only to open the policy question up for debate.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m very thankful that guy didn’t hold out for the NYC marathon today.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

OK, all you clever dicks... present a concrete and workable proposal that can both solve the current perceived problem, and pass as legislation. Go ahead, I'll wait. Don't pass the buck to Congress. You're seemingly so sure of a solution that it shouldn't be difficult at all. Tell us how it's going to work.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering the internet surveillance we use on terror suspects, couldn't the FBI figure out a way to ID people who suddenly express a lot of interest in finding out the details of these mass shootings and subsequently purchase some heavy firepower?

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm certain @YankeeFan is concerned while on his vacation in France that the media has not yet identified the shooter's motive. I await his check-in.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There is nothing that can pass as legislation because of who owns the GOP. That’s the point.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's actually a really good debate.

FileNotFound likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted