1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The law had a carve-out for athletics. Travis failed to notice this. Just as, a month ago, he failed to notice that Ed Orgeron had an onerous buyout clause in his contract that made his termination after this season financially implausible.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

UCLA practiced Wednesday before visiting Shanghai Disneyland.

I'm sure they visited Disneyland after making sure they were caught up with classwork.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Story says the Bruin Three will be "confined to a hotel" for the next month.
    Will they at least get hotel points?

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I posted something earlier that these games that were already on the schedule weren’t included in travel restrictions. I’m still not sure sending the team to China is a great idea, but it is wrong to say it’s hypocritical.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is Lavar going to China to show he is a better lawyer than F Lee Bailey and Ron Kuby or does he have to tutor and train LaMelo.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad they used the trip to get in a traditional Chinese cultural experience.

Because when else would those from LA ever get a chance to visit a Disneyland?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, the only thing that will happen is the NCAA will get mad and put Beijing State on probation.

(The saying that keeps on giving)

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

People incarcerated:

United States 2,193,798 (737 per 100,000)
    China 1,548,498 (118 per 100,000)

We just don't call what we do a "human rights" issue; only the bad, bad countries (that don't kiss our ass) have such issues. :eek:

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Understood. I’m not saying we’re a bastion of human rights either. Far from it.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You're taking that seriously? OK, they're not the same thing - bastion or no.

Draft saved Draft deleted