1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alright. I'll settle in the middle on that.

I would also like to say that I'd give anything to be the guy in that Leslie Mann/Dakota Johnson interview. Over the weekend I heard about something at work -- I'm told I have been objectified based on female co-workers' belief that I am better looking than the standard, at least at our organization. I'm being harassed and I am fucking-a thrilled about it.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Link?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't go crazy. I'm not Creosote hot or anything.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Well then I'm putting you on the nut flush. So to speak.

LongTimeListener and doctorquant like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

7. Dick Whitman

Looks like the AP itself changed the lede st some point.

Hope Solo says Blatter grabbed her; he calls it 'ridiculous''

To summarize: The Associated Press, after initially sending out a story that characterized Solo’s accusation as a “sexual assault,” a characterization that ran in what seems to be a majority of publications, at some point apparently made the conscious decision to change it to “grabbed.”

That is an interesting development, in light of this board’s related outrage.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

For the record, moores new accuser called it "groping" and "sexual assault". I hope the line that he "dated" young girls, as an excuse, will stop now, these are not "dates".

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. Dick Whitman

11. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Mustn't there have been harm done for an assault to have occurred? If a guy kisses a girl goodnight at the end of a first date without asking explicit permission, and a cop witnesses it, should the cop arrest him even if the girl protests and insists that it's OK because she had wanted him to kiss her?

12. Dick Whitman

Federal definition of “sexual contact,” as regards “sexual assault”:

(2)Sexual contact.—The term “sexual contact” means—
    (A)
    touching, or causing another person to touch, either directly or through the clothing, the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person, with an intent to abuse, humiliate, or degrade any person; or
    (B)
    any touching, or causing another person to touch, either directly or through the clothing, any body part of any person, if done with an intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person.
    Touching may be accomplished by any part of the body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.