1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

That sometimes regulation can aid anti-competitive behavior and lead to worse outcomes for consumers.

Other than GAH CORPORATIONS ARE EVIL I haven’t seen a lot of real attempts to address the arguments against net neutrality, including the materials linked in the article I cited earlier.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Because it's not just golf, it's golf with famous people

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sometimes is a really important word in these discussions. I get weary of the anti-regulation, free-market absolutist ideology of the Invisible Hand worshippers. Some regulation is necessary, so the discussion should center around where, why and how much.

4. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

OK—then let’s engage in that conversation. But I haven’t seen that from the pro-NN side. No one in this thread has attempted to address any of the issues here, for example.

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2017/11/take-change-mind-net-neutrality.html

Also, as explained above, the absence of an FCC net neutrality under Title II does not mean the absence of regulation.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fascinating article. For once, I agree with Friedman.

6. YankeeFan

It’s (finally) time to put Al Gore under the spotlight.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Is this the start of a thread where you tell us Al Gore is the 2020 front runner?

melock, Double Down, HanSenSE and 3 others like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

With the love child of Hillary and Joe as VP?

I'd squeal like a coked-up toddler if that happens.

9. YankeeFan

He would be among the front runners if he ran, wouldn’t he?

And, though he’s been out of office for a long time, he’s younger than the current front runner, Joe Biden. He’s also younger than Hillary Clinton, and Bernie Sanders, and is just a year older than Elizabeth Warren.

Who’s to say that he couldn’t/shouldn’t/won’t run. He’s made millions. If he wants to run, he’d be a formidable opponent — unless, as is the case with Uncle Joe, the media actually delves into his behavior with women.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's his time!

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So who is the Republican front runner, YF?

12. YankeeFan

Some guy named Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.