1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mueller looking into Flynn's work on documentary targeting Turkish cleric: report

Michael Flynn was paid $500k to work on a "documentary" attacking Gulen, the Turkish government's big target here in the U.S. If this is correct Flynn actively tried to conceal his role in it. This is new, and I think it probably will be good for one or more additional FARA violations.

"Special counsel Robert Mueller's team is reportedly preparing to interview people hired by former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn to work on an unfinished documentary financed by Turkish interests.

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that Mueller's team of investigators are looking into Flynn's work on the film attacking Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom the Turkish government has blamed for a failed 2016 coup.

According to the Journal, the film was at the center of Flynn's work on behalf of Turkish interests while he also served as a top adviser to President Trump's 2016 election campaign.

Mueller is also investigating Flynn his son's involvement in an alleged plot to forcibly remove Gulen from his home in Pennsylvania and return him to Turkey. Gulen has denied any involvement in the coup attempt.

One freelance journalist hired to film interviews for the unfinished film project, David Enders, said that Flynn's consulting group, the Flynn Intel Group, tried to hide its involvement in the documentary. He said Flynn's business partner, Bijan Kian, told him that they did not want anyone to know that the consulting firm was working on the film.

“He said: ‘We don’t want anyone to know the Flynn Intel Group has anything to do with this,’" Enders told the Journal earlier this year.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Too late. They're already racist traitors who love licking the bootheel. Fuck their repudiations. If the country can't come together to outvote them, then it's too late anyway.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. RickStain

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, shit, I was trying to post something that isn't perverted.

RickStain likes this.
  5. RickStain

I don't blame you for posting them. But damn will the media never get tired of writing them.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

First, questioning whether someone is a Nazi apologist in the context of a discussion about a neo-Nazi rally doesn’t approach the Godwin’s law meme as I understand it. Second, you’re the one who continues to bring it up outside that context (as you were tonight) , so I’m beginning to think you’re kind of proud of it.

7. Vombatus

That's from 538, the folks who "so accurately" predicted the outcome of the election.

8. RickStain

It will never stop being weird to me that they were closer than any mainstream pundit, and they are the ones who people remember as being wildly off for some reason.

Everyone else: "There's a 98%+ chance that Clinton wins"

538: "We've got at at more like 75%. There's some interesting electoral college weakness in Clinton's vote distribution."

They got ripped before the election for having Trump's chances too high (lots of accusations of goosing it up to keep up the drama) and then after for not having him favored.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I’m laughing at you, not with you.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But his email situation is fine, so it's all good.

11. Vombatus

I haven't studied it, and whether their late change toward 75% was actually data driven, but it sure seemed to me like 538 drew the estimate downward to cover their ass.

12. RickStain

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

It peaked at 88% for Clinton in mid-October then nosedove post-Comey when the polls tightened noticeably. It got as close at 35% for Trump with a week to go before ticking back to 29%.

I'm not sure the data follows your feelings on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.